Chatta Nature: Take An Adventure Now
A chirp is as important as a roar. Each species holds equal importance in the eyes of mother nature, and as the most conscious beings on this planet, it is in our hands to sustain the valuable and marvellous creatures of the earth. Our volunteers from around the world are working towards building a much more safer environment for animals and birds while accompanying us in our adventure programs.
Visit and explore Chatta Nature Center or become a member to volunteer for our programs.
- M-F 9am-7pm
- Sat 9am-10pm
- Sun 10am-7pm
Experience The Serenity
Take a tour of our calm and intelligently designed park made for all animals and birds which assuring safety and comfort for them as well as you.
Get a close look at Animal Encounters
Join us on our safaris and experience real-life encounters in the wild. Feel the true adventure of being surrounded by incredible animals and beautiful birds. Have a breathtaking experience and capture the natural moments in Chatta Nature Park.
Join our program and support your favourite species for its well being. Volunteer for our adventurous rallies and get the weekly newsletter for the updates from the park. Become a member and avail other benefits as well.
- Yearly Membership
- 5% Discount on Tours
- 10% Discount at Gift Shop
- 20% Discount at Food Court
- Exclusive Member Newsletter
- Early Notification of Events
- Upgrade to Sponsor an Animal!
Support your favorite animal with a Sponsorship
Show your love and support by sponsoring the care for your favourite animal. Join the program and access the care unit for animals to oversee our care programs.
Learn more about our animals Behind The Scenes
Receive our weekly newsletter to know in-depth updates about the animals and our programs and find out the secrets of what your favourite animal is doing while enjoying our service.
News and Updates
Just a few animals on this planet would strike fear into the hearts of us humans, and one of those creatures would be snakes. Snakes are seriously misunderstood, creatures. They do not engage with humans unless they are provoked. Even that engagement would be a defense mechanism and nothing more.
They have poison to actually subdue their victims, and if you happen to be a victim of one of these snakes, you would indeed be in a lot of trouble. Snakes kill up to 150,000 people a year, and 5.4 million people are bitten by snakes. The use of anti-venom heals most of them. The chances of you running into a venomous snake are indeed really unlikely unless you are scaling some forests. The chance of any of these in a city is very low.
Even if you do run into any of these, you should make sure that you walk away slowly, or if you are fast at running, you should do that, if the snake is on you by any chance, you should absolutely not make any sudden movements, and you should stay still and wait for the snake to go away by itself.
Here is a list of some deadly snakes that you should stay away from.
- The dangerous African snake which is named for its black mouth. If you come across this one, you would wish that you were a purse mouth like Lord Voldemort or like Harry Potter, so that you can tell the snake to NOT kill you with its venomous bite. The Black Mamba is feared largely because it is large and quick as well. Its venom is extremely potent and will kill any victim. They do not attack humans unless they are provoked.
- The Boomslang has been known to hunt by extending its body from the branch that it is resting on. It actually camouflages on a branch and its victims have no idea that it is even there. The victims will indeed succumb to the toxins.
- The Australian Cobra has been known to inhabit the regions of some islands near Australia. It flattens its head as it prepares to strike its victims. This snake also stays away from humans as long as it is left alone. It is indeed really similar to Asian as well as African cobras.
- The Scaled Viper has been known to kill a lot of humans. Its venom is indeed lethal, and less than 10% of all of its victims will survive the aggressiveness of the snake. If you come in contact with it, you should make sure not to move a muscle at all, if you want to get away with your life.
You probably have an adult rabbit that is pregnant, or you found an abandoned baby rabbit. You should indeed know a couple of things that you should prepare before you get the baby rabbit to your home. The health of those babies is indeed of vital importance. ]
- Make sure that you feed the mother with some really healthy food. The diet must contain protein, fiber and some healthy fats as well. She should also have constant access to water which should be cleaned or changed every two days.
- The female that is pregnant should also be separated from the male. It is indeed uncommon for the male to harm the babies. But, it could indeed impregnate the female again, after they are born, which would result in another pregnancy, if you do not want that, you should separate them indeed. Rabbits bond very closely and they do not like getting separated from their mate and therefore must be able to make contact even though they are separated. A thin fence should do.
- The babies are born without any fur at all. Therefore, they will need a lot of warmth. You should buy one of those lamps that keep eggs warm. You should also turn it to the lowest setting, and you should keep it where you would be planning on keeping the babies.
- Make sure that the babies are kept in a box with plenty of ventilation and grass as well. The female should be kept in this box as she nears the birth. There are chances that she would pull out some of her furs and place it in the bedding which would prove that she is close to giving birth.
- The pregnancy of the female should indeed last just 30-32 days. She would not need any help with the birthing process at all. The birth usually happens in the night or early morning. Check to see if any babies did not survive the birthing. You may have to draw the mother away to see if all of them survived. Make sure that you are not afraid to handle the babies because the mother would be used to you and your scent.
- The babies should be given proper amounts of water. Fresh food and water are indeed really necessary. The mother should receive proper care and nutrition after birth.
- Make sure that a vet sees them once, right after the birthing.
- The box must be cleaned because there are chances that the mother and the babies would litter in there.
Make sure that you take the babies and the mother to the vet if a vet cannot come to you. Ask them what they can eat.